Monday, June 2, 2014

WEEK 42: SOME COMPLIMENTS

STARKE, FL
COMPANION:  ELDER COLLETT
I am out of time. 
Hopefully my family will subsidize this letter with some excerpts of mine to them. 
But our car got sticky-noted by some of the ward members this week! 
Here are some of the notes written on the stickies, 
with my commentary in (blue) parenthesis.






Loved by many

Love your speeches
 (we teach a lot in church. 
When I teach it always turns into a kind of speech type thing. 
I get a little excited okay??)

Now is the time

I like your awesomeness 
(probably my favorite)

Your farts don't stink
(touching)

Visiting people is God's way of making sure 
they clean their homes

You're awesome

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, 
but here's some scriptures get baptized maybe?

Sent from Heaven above

Super spiritual

You are the light at the end of the tunnel

Your farts don't smell 
(this was done twice for added emphasis. Perhaps it is wishful thinking)

You'll be getting pranked

Have you heard the word? Bir-bir-bird is the word 
(no idea what that means)

Awesome missionaries

I like your shirts
 (short sleeved white shirts are very in this season)

I (heart) missionaries

I like your ties



You guys are awesome to me

Very cool

Great job.

You guys are the best thanks for teaching me.

I love you guys thanks for everything you do
Y'all are awesome 
(there's the y'all! We say that 200 times a day here)

Always there for anyone

Now is the time

Keep your head up

You guys are great tools in the hand of The Lord

I think you are cool

You are awesome

Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven

You like your pink sticky notes?

Coolest 
people 
ever

Your spirit is strengthened when you read the scriptures

I see you sleeping
(I fell asleep ONE TIME in church FOUR MONTHS ago! Dang it!)

Y'all are two of a kind



I watch you when you serve others in public

Thank you for teaching us all about the gospel

Come unto Christ

Be good Yea, humble yourselves, 
and continue in prayer unto Him
 (lest all this talk of odorless gas should go to our heads)

You guys are great



You are so cool to me.


I love and appreciate y'allI watch you sleep during sacrament
(ONE TIME!!!!! Well, it may have been more. Nope, I admit nothing. I am just VERY reverent.)



You guys help bring in the spirit

You rock


We love y'all

So that all made me feel good, and I share it with you. I love you. Thank you for reading this little blog. Thank you for being my family and my friends. I often depend on your prayers, encouragement, letters, love, and faith. To have such incredible pillars to lean on empowers my little spirit.

For what it is worth, I have a testimony of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He lives, and this is His Church, never to be taken again from the earth. To be a part of something divine, flawless, and invincible... That's a pretty fantastic thing.

As part of my study aimed at reducing my own ENORMOUS pride I am reading "Beware of Pride" every morning before breakfast. It's the highlight of my day. I love my Prophet. I love my mission. I love my Jesus. Blessed be His name.

~Elder Jorgensen