Monday, December 29, 2014

WEEK 72: Eggnog Miracle!

JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
COMPANION:  ELDER CORDON
ASSISTANTS

Hi! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was yours magical? Ours
was. I love Christmas. I got to talk to my family! Then I taught
second hour and the subject was "Families can be Eternal" and I was
all teary-eyed and it was marvelous. Guess what? I moved. Again. New
address:

Elder Joshua Jorgensen
8663 Baypine Rd. Suite 102
Jacksonville, FL 32256

Yep, goodbye St. Augustine, land of my heart, hello Jacksonville. This
is my first time serving in actual Jacksonville ("J-Ville" to the
people in Starke, J-town to the people in Gainesville, and "The City"
to the people of St. Augustine. The people in St. John's just called
it "Jacksonville". No fun.) There are many, MANY people here. Did you
know Jacksonville is the largest (geographically) city in the United
States? It is actually an entire county, that the city just decided to
swallow whole. Jacksonville is the most populous city in Florida,
and... those are all the fun facts I know.

There is a street that is sloped upwards that we just turned onto.
There is a large yellow sign next to it that says, "hill". Just to
give you a glimpse of how flat Florida actually is.

My new companion, companion number 10, is named Elder Joshua Cordon.
He is from New York, he loves football, he has already been in the
area for 6 months so he knows it like the back of his large hands
(he's 6'4"ish).

We had such a wonderful Christmas. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner
with three separate recent convert families. Then on Sunday, we (Elder
Burton and I) were able to participate in the baptism of an entire
family. I baptized their son and daughter, Elder Burton baptized the
parents. It was phenomenal. It was a little breathtaking.

I love being a missionary. I love it. We got eggnog! Free eggnog!
President actually gave it to us. he is phenomenal. I have already
chugged about half. Yum.

Happy New Year!!!! What are your resolutions? I have some good ones.
One is to drink the rest of the eggnog. I'm optimistic about my
chances.

Love,

~Elder Jorgensen


JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
COMPANION:  ELDER CORDON
assistants to the President