Monday, February 2, 2015

WEEK 77: Book of Mormon Musical this Week

JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
COMPANION:  ELDER CORDON
ASSISTANTS


So this is a bit short... Sorry!

Last week we had a ton of fun! We are focusing on humility as a mission.

This coming week the Book of Mormon musical (which is filthy trash) is coming to trash, and I am excited because....

WE ARE PROSELYTING OUTSIDE THE THEATRE!

Yep, 23,000 people will be given Book of Mormons by yours truly over the course of 8 performances. That's pretty much what we will be doing all week. It's going to be awesome.

8 investigators came to church. One bore his testimony! I am being taught an enormous amount by the mission president's wife, Sister Craig. She says so many wonderful things. Sister Craig says that if you are worthy of a temple recommend you will receive exaltation. She also says that anyone can make a marriage work with anyone else, as long as both are righteous. She's phenomenal. And makes delicious cookies. And the mission president is phenomenal. And Elder Cordon is phenomenal. And everything is awesome.

I love my mission! I am ridiculously exhausted but having so much fun. Did you see the #discoverthebook event? It was created by our mission, was trending on Facebook last weekend, and was even written about in desert news! Look it up! I will include my Discover the Book picture at the bottom.

I have a little too much fanaticism and not enough discipline. I am working now on zealous balance. Thoughts?

The Holy Ghost feels like confidence to me.

I can read Spanish! But I can't understand it. Does that count as reading? One of our exchanges was in a Spanish area which is why I ask.

I'm looking for favorite scriptures to memorize. Please feel free to submit your list.

Guided by the spirit we went down a street that was a dead end into a forest. But we were confident in our prompting. So we got out of the mini-Van, and walked into the forest towards a light we could sort of see. turned out to be the door of a for,er investigator who we taught and committed to read the Book of Mormon. Awesome. Hope she didn't see us just walk out of the woods onto her doorstep. Anyway.

Also one of the members has a two year old son that can swish a full-sized basketball through a fisher-price hoop from four feet away. Super impressive.

What else?

There are the most incredible members in this Ward! Elders quorum is just a flood of revelation! Here are some quotes from the past couple weeks.

"You can act yourself into a new way of thinking, but you cannot think yourself into a new way of acting."
"Honesty without love is cruelty."
~Brother Crews

Authority doesn't make you the boss, it just make you the most responsible.
~Brother Queen

How awesome is that???

We are having enormous fun. We spent a lot of time in the car this week. So much. Drove all the way to Gainesville and back. All we listen to is MoTab. I love the MoTab.

Things are better when you decide to do something no matter what. That way you don't have to question and reevaluate at every twist and turn. So no matter what, I will be happy. No matter what, I will love completely and unreservedly. No matter what, I will preach the gospel. No matter what, I will serve a mission. No matter what, I will make it home. The real home. The home where we belong. No matter what.

I love you!!!!!! Thanks for enduring my wild storytelling. Best week ever!

~Elder Jorgensen